December 14, 2010

Apparently I Rob Stores Now

So it's Christmas time and there is a lot going on and a lot of things to buy. For me, I get to a point where I don't even listen to the total cost of my purchases anymore because I don't care...I just want to get it all done and move on.

A couple Saturday's ago I went to the Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolate factory right by our house to get a couple boxes as gifts to give to my grandma, and Gary's grandparents. It was the same day as my BFF Kimber's baby shower, and I know how much she LOVES Mrs. Cavanaugh's! So I thought I would stick a few chocolates in with the baby's gift as a treat for just her. I grabbed to boxes of chocolates, chose the few little ones for Kimber, handed over my debit card, took the bag of my purchases, and headed out.

Kimber loved the chocolates by the way.

A few days later I logged on to my bank account to do some balancing and budgeting, when I saw the charge for Mrs. Cavanaugh's. $4.28???? One pound of chocolate is about $23.00 so I immediately realized that they never charged me for the two boxes!!

I debated in my head what I should do...go back and pay for them or just keep them. I mean, the girl knew that I wanted to buy them and even bagged them for me, so it was her mistake right?? Then I thought of who these gifts were for. Blanche, Lila, and Dennis...the most celestial people in the entire world. I couldn't give them morally tainted chocolate or I knew I would go straight to hell.

I went back to the store and told the girl behind the counter what had happened and she looked really realieved because she said "That was me!! It was all my fault!!" So she let me pay for the chocolates, and then took it upon herself to see that I was rewarded for my honesty. So, she let me have one more box of any chocolate that I wanted!! Yay for me!! I love Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolates!!!

1 comments:

clairesmom05 said...

Mmmmm....mindy mints...in dark chocolate...yes, please!