June 22, 2009

Hard Labor

Once we knew we were getting a house, Gary had visions of our back yard with a brick path and a fire pit. He found very inexpensive bricks online (1,000 to be exact, about 5,000 pounds worth). He bought the bricks before we had even moved into our house, so we had to store them at the warehouse at his work. Well, once we moved in, we had to figure out how to transport the bricks from the warehouse to our house. We each have cars, no trucks readily available, so we had to haul bricks day by in the trunks of our cars for two weeks. I thought that was the hard part...stupid me. Gary designed, drafted, and manually labored on this brick path, with about zero to little help from me. I am so proud of him! He measured, and dug, and shoveled and lifted and had so many blisters on his hands each day, but he kept going and going and going. Now it's done and it looks AMAZING! It will look even better with the grass!

The butt load of bricks

Such detailed work

Worked right through the gloves!Good job Gary it looks amazing!

3 comments:

Charlton and Kimber said...

I'm so impressed by Gary's brick-laying abilities. Can't wait to see it! I'm also so glad that you will hopefully never haul a load of bricks again. ha.

Candace H said...

Dude, I cant believe you didn't call us for help, we have trucks available! Wow that must have been hard to load them in & out of your cars :( But it looks awesome...Gary, are you coming to my house next?!

Darby said...

Gary's new nickname from me is the Energizer Bunny. He just keeps going,and going, and going...Good work Gary!