October 3, 2010

Redwood Forest

I have wanted to visit the Redwoods since I first saw a picture of one of the trees. I don't think anyone can even grasp how large they are until you're standing at the base of one of them. I was so lucky to be able to visit the forest this year and I'll never forget how amazed I was!

This is a tree that you have to pay to see (lame). Everyone wants to drive their cars through it, but we couldn't because we were pulling a trailer.

A hallowed out tree!
Some clever fellow named this tree below, "Big Tree". I think it was a caveman.You know me and forest creatures...

I wasn't too sure what to expect before we drove through, but whatever it was, my expectations were by far exceeded! Simply amazing!

1 comments:

Sharcy and Jeremiah said...

Those are some cool trees... I too would love to take a trip to Northern California to see the giant redwoods :) Lots of fun post Marci!!