April 27, 2011

My Birthday!

For about 3 months or so before my birthday, I have been bugging my older sister Stacey to make me a birthday cake with a squirrel on it. I LOVE squirrels if you haven't picked that up by now. LOVE THEM! So I would remind her monthly and then weekly about my squirrel cake, knowing it was going to be the highlight of my birthday. I was so excited to see what she had put together and I was not disappointed! She even gave it a cute little pink bow! I think I screamed when I saw it! Other than going to dinner with Gary, and then having dinner at my parents house with the family, I wasn't in the mood to do much to celebrate this year. I have been so tired and sick the past couple months with being pregnant, that I didn't have the energy to plan any big get togethers. The last thing I wanted to do was call people, make reservations, find a good time for everyone, wait for people at a restaurant even though I was starving....too much this year! So I asked Gary to simply take me to Garcia's in Layton because I was dying for their nachos. It turned out to be a bad idea because I was sick the rest of the weekend. So this picture is one of the only smiles I had out of that night when the servers put this hat on me and sang me a birthday song.


We also didn't do much for presents this year because we are going to DisneyWorld in May! Gary has a birthday in May, so we're calling that our big, combined gift! Yay!



More highlights from my birthday: My mom took me shopping for maternity clothes and spoiled me! I was so happy about it because I have been dreading maternity clothes. It really put my mind at ease and I got stinkin' cute stuff! My mother in law also bought me some new clothes so I feel very prepared now. On my actual birthday, Gary was at school all night so I didn't get to spend any time with him. It was still such a great night though, I have great friends and neighbors! One of my neighbors brought me strawberry shortcake (my FAVORITE!) and a card. And my friend Sarah brought me a sweet little gift and took me to dinner because she knew I was alone. It was definately one of the nicest, most relaxing birthdays I have had in a long time!

1 comments:

clairesmom05 said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a good day! Hope your sickness passes soon! Any chance of a pregnancy pic? :)