January 5, 2012

I'm a Mom

I didn't feel like a mom the day that Dori was born, and I didn't feel like a mom after 1 or 2 or 3 weeks. And 2 months later, I still don't think I know exactly what it means to be a mom. I'm learning though!
I love this little baby to pieces, so when I'm already exhausted and she needs my attention anyway, I give it to her and tell her I love her. When I have a bad night's sleep and I just want to keep us both in our jammies all day, I smile at her and get her in the tub anyway and tell her how pretty she is. When I wake up grumpy, I think to myself "your baby wants a happy mom, so smile at her when she wakes up." Its a hard thing to do, but she makes me so happy! I love her cuddles and her wiggles, and I love when she stops drinking her bottle half way through to smile at me for no reason! I hate that I have been sick with a nasty cough for the past 5 weeks, but I'm thrilled that it was me and not her!


So bit by bit....I'm learning. And I'm loving it!

3 comments:

Megan and Cory said...

Love this post! It's amazing what we do for our little ones and it's all worth it. You and Dori look awesome. Great job, mommy!

Jessica said...

Well, you sure look like a mommy! Dori is so lucky to have such a loving person to nurture her :) Love you!

KMK said...

Thanks for giving me some word for my feelings. She's so beautiful and you really look great! Have fun with that little sweetie.