October 3, 2009

I'm Having an Affair

Let me explain. When I started working in SLC with my friend Candace almost 3 years ago, I was single and I had also just moved to Sugar House with some roommates. I was anti "make my own meals" at the time so Candace and I would go out to lunch almost every day we were at work. She introduced me to Noodles and Company. I was unimpressed at first because I have never been a very big fan of pasta places. I was more of a Subway girl. But the more Candace insisted we go to Noodles, the more I began to love it! In fact, I became addicted to it, and sometimes I would eat their twice a day! I know, that's a little extreme but I had recently been dumped and I needed something else to focus on. And here it is almost 3 years later, Candace and I no longer work together but we still meet about once a week at the same Noodles and Company location in Fort Union. Every co-worker I have had since I started eating there has teased me relentlessly. They don't understand that someone could love Pesto Cavatappi that much to eat there at least once a week. A couple of months ago however, I went in by myself as I sometimes do if Candace is working from home and not in Salt Lake, and the General Manager took my order without even asking me what I wanted, and he knew my name by then as well! He said that he would start giving me free drinks because I'm in there all the time. Could if be that Noodles was starting to love me back just as much as I loved them? Well, today I had to go into work for a few hours, and as I left work, I had the impression that I should stop and eat at Noodles and Company, which was weird because I kind of have a yucky cold and it doesn't make me that hungry. I went anyway. I ordered the usual, and the General Manager was there to take my order. I went to pay for it and he said "it's on the house today." Yay! I asked if it was because I was there every other day of my life and he said "yes." So then I go and sit down (by myself) and wait for my food. He brought it over to me, along with a card called a "hero lunch" card. He said that I was their hero so that meant that I could bring in 5 other people, use this card and we'd all get our lunches for free! I told him about my adddiction to Noodles and how I get mocked for it all the time and he said he loved that I bring new people there all the time! He also told me that I could get my entire office together and bring them for lunch, and if I set it up through him I could get my whole office free lunch as well! That will show them for teasing me all the time!!!! I tell you, it's just a matter of time before they ask me to be their spokes woman and I get to have free noodles for the rest of my life!! I LOVE YOU!!!

5 comments:

Jason and Kristen said...

oh my gosh marci, you crack me up! I want the hero card for the layton one dangit!! I went there 2-3 times a week before I got married since I worked around the corner at citi - then when we moved to california I bawled that there wasnt one anywhere near us - I used to beg jason to bring me home and take me there for my birthday, since we moved home I've managed to get him hooked which is super beneficial for both of us. Just another tip on getting free meals.. if you sign up for noodlegrams - you get a free bowl on your birthday and a buy one get one on your "anniversary" :) you also get free drinks if you have a military id.. :) just wanted to let fellow noodle lovers know!

Jaclyn said...

Hi!
My name is Jaclyn Grossfield and I work in public relations at Noodles & Company. I came across your post and was so thrilled to read how much you love Noodles & Company! To answer your question, Noodles DOES love you back. We'd like to show your office up even more and send you some free bowl cards. :) Please email me your home address and I'll mail them to you. If you're on Facebook be sure to check out our Fan Page with lots of updates and Noodles news!

Happy Blogging!


-Jaclyn

Candace H said...

Hello everybody, I just wanted to introduce myself as the one who started Marci down this path of accomplishment! I am Candace and I am a lover of Noodles as well! As you read, I am the one who started Marci's addiction, so I take full responsibility. (Sorry Gary)

From the moment I saw Marci's excitement and dedication upon discovering an unseen last noodle on her plate, at a restaurant I wont name, I knew I could sway her in other directions! I am so proud of Marci for going to Noodleville on her own when I wasn't around (however I am feeling a little jipped because I haven't gotten free noodles yet!) But that's ok, I will now with the hero card Marci has, ha ha!! Marci supported me when she didn't want to go so she has my full support now, and always.

If anyone else would like to join this support group I promise it is the most satisfying thing you will ever do and you will keep coming back for more! See you at Noodles on Fort Union weekdays at noon!

Pesto Cavatappi RULES!!!

Darby said...

Okay Marci, as favorite roommate, can I pretend that I work with you the next time you go? I'll even dress up instead of wearing my t-shirts and shorts. :)

I love that they gave you free lunch and a hero card. You're my hero!!

Rachel said...

That is so neat! Thanks for sharing your story. It was fun to see you yesterday.