October 21, 2009

Who Knows

I need ideas of how to entertain nursery children through song. Tiny Tim the Turtle is a big hit with the popping bubble at the end, so maybe I could take a little bottle of bubbles and let them chase bubbles? Or let them drink it so they know how Tiny Tim felt? No? Ok. I love my calling, but I don't have babies so what do I really know about them? I know they like props, but there are only so many times I can pull out a paper monkey on a popsicle stick and sing 5 Little Monkeys. I need more! I need ideas! I'm still really new to this, so I'm just doing everything the song leader did before, but I know I can be better than this! I'm just having a mental block. HELP ME!

3 comments:

Krista said...

We are nursery leaders in our ward and our singing lady uses puppets a lot and the kids love it. She also uses shakers made from prescription pill bottles filled with rice. I know there are others too. I'll think about it and get back to ya.

Danielle Merket said...

I've heard babies love Michael Jackson. But I wouldn't know.

Liz said...

have you been to sugardoodle.net?they've got good stuff for every calling.
good luck!