November 16, 2009

The Side Effects From Being a Chick

So I put together this "plan" for a co-worker and I to lose some of our squidgey edges (I mean fat). She just had a baby and wanted to lose weight, and I wanted to support her. Neither of us wanted to do any extreme dieting and then fall flat on our face 2 weeks later. Hence my "plan." It went as follows.

Week 1: Stop drinking the diet soda
Week 2: At LEAST 3 servings of fruits and veggies a day
Week 3: Limit ourselves to 2 treats a week
Week 4: Everything in portion size

I did it all so well. I was on a roll with no diet coke (the elixar of life) and I stayed true to this "plan". I told myself I wouldn't weigh in until the end of week 4 but I felt like I was doing so well that maybe I could weigh in at the end of week 3. And that's what I did. I was only expecting to maybe lose one pound or even 2 if I was lucky. When I got on the scale, I couldn't believe my eyes. I double checked - NAY - TRIPLE CHECKED and turns out I had gained 3 pounds. I was so ticked off I went downstairs to the pharmacy/gift shop at my work and bought the coldest diet coke they had and a some Rolos. And I think my pants fit a little looser today.

2 comments:

Liz said...

i'm buying into the theory that diet coke curbs one's appetite and therefore is a weight loss method. now that's a diet i can handle.

Candace H said...

That is freaking hilarious! Well not that you gained 3 lbs, but that you went and bought a diet coke! :) That's exactly what I would of done...if I could ever stop drinking it for 3 weeks!