August 9, 2012

One Whole Week

We have officially been here a full week, which I have to say has not gone by as fast as I would have hoped a week would go.  While I really enjoy the city and seeing how different the people are, I really miss my own home and the routine I had going on there.  We'll settle into a routine here I'm sure but it's really hard when it's just Dori and I all day.  

Gary works long hours and I don't have my "go-to" people here to visit when being a single-ish parent gets overwhelming.  Of course I always have my phone to call people, but it's really not the same as being with family and friends.  As bad as it sounds, I really don't have an interest in going out and making friends with anyone here.  If I happen to meet a person and we easily become friends, that is a different story, but I don't have a desire to actively search out a BFF.  Luckily I met a really nice girl a couple of days ago who has 2 daughters, one of whom really loves seeing and playing with Dori!

We try to stay as busy as possible during the day so that Dori gets worn out and takes long naps so I can recharge my mental and emotional batteries.  She loves going out and taking walks in the stroller.  There is so much for her to see!  A lot of people have little dogs out here that they take walking and she goes bananas whenever she sees one.  She likes to people watch and shamelessly stares are people for long amounts of time.  Silly girl is just like her dad in that way!

When the weather gets bad and it rains I start to panic a little bit because I know we can't go out and I have to figure out how to entertain her indoors.  Thank heaven for Baby Einstein!  

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so impressed! Chicago for 3 months would have been scary for me and my first baby. You are an awesome Mom, Dori is a gorgeous baby and Yay Gary- congrats on ur success!! -Wendy