August 8, 2012

The Drake

We had to stay in a hotel for 6 days to wait for our apartment room to become available.  I loved staying at the Drake!  Everyone absolutely adored Dori there and we felt really at home and comfortable.  The staff would call her "princess" and "your highness" every time we walked through the lobby.  The only down side was how loud it was.  I would be trying to put Dori down for a nap and then someone would slam their door leaving their room.  I ended up walking a few blocks down to a Walgreen's to buy a box fan to try to drown out any of the noise.  

Here are a few pictures of where we stayed.






The hotel was right by the lake, and it sat right at the top of the Magnificent Mile.  There was a lot for us to see everyday and a lot of places to explore.  I found the most amazing Italian place for lunch called GoRoma and the pasta and the pizza and the salads were all to die for!  

The first time I went in for lunch was kind of by accident.  I was walking all over the stupid city trying to find a 7-11 and wore myself out doing so.  I was hot, tired, hungry, and I decided to go into the first place that offered food.  GoRoma!  I ordered a really delicious salad and the manager of the place welcomed me to the neighborhood and said if I brought Gary back that same night he would buy our dinner.  Who am I to turn down a free dinner???  So we did go back that night and he was true to his word and bought us dinner.  I was only able to go back one more time while we stayed at the Drake, and it's a good 2 miles from our apartment now.  I'm sure the walk is worth it though!

0 comments: