August 13, 2012

Weekend Sights

On Saturday we walked for hours looking at new parts of Chicago, including Millennium Park.  We saw the big bean!  I always think of 30 Rock when I see the big bean because Liz Lemon goes to see it when she visits her boyfriend who lives in Chicago.  Anyway, I guess it's real name is the cloud gate, but I like the big bean better.


We also saw Buckingham Fountain.  Quite beautiful!  I'd love to see it at night but there isn't really a way unless we cut into Dori's bedtime, and I'd rather sever my thumbs than do that.


Yesterday we took a couple shorter walks and saw the Willis Tower, formerly the Sears Tower.  It reminds me of "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?"  Which reminds me of a Chuck Norris joke..."Chuck Norris knows what Willis is talkin' 'bout."



We didn't make it to church yesterday because Dori woke up (no exaggeration) every hour of the night if not more.  None of us slept until about 5am, and that was after a diaper change, another bottle, adjustment of temperature, IB Profen, a blessing from Gary, and lots of cuddling.  Turns out she is sick or teething.  She has a runny nose and some unpleasant diapers.  Poor girl!  And poor us!  We all like our sleep.  Anyway, she took a nap right before we needed to leave for church and we didn't try to stop her.  She slept a little better last night and woke up about every 4 hours instead.

It was really nice being able to spend all that time with Gary.  Usually when we're home there is yard work to do and lots of errands to run, and people to visit.  It was good to just have us.  

Also, I must make honorable mention to the food we ate.  Giordano's Pizza was our first Chicago style pizza we've had here.  It was delicious!  I'm excited to compare it to what we'll try in the future.


Also, Garrett's popcorn will be the reason I get fat while I'm here.  And broke.  Holy cow it's the best caramel and nutty popcorn ever!  And the best buttered popcorn!  And for someone who dislikes cheesecorn...I must say even that was heaven!  Thank you Garrett.  You're a good person.

2 comments:

Hali said...

How fun! Glad to see you had a good weekend and enjoy being together as a family!

brooke.lynn.bingham said...

I wish I could experience Chicago with you guys haha :)