August 23, 2008

To The Zoo!

For anyone who enjoys the sweltering summer heat combined with animal odor and an endless sea of strollers and fanny packs...the Hogle Zoo is the place for you! Last Saturday Gary and I thought it would be fun to go to the zoo, but wanted to wait until we could get his sister Hali to go with us since her son is at the prime age to see the animals. First thing we did when we got there was try on hats.


Here is Hali, not excited at all that there is a tiger gnawing on her scalp.
I, on the other hand couldn't be more thrilled about the blue elephant fixated to my head.
The animals didn't seem to care that we each paid $8 to see them in action. If it wasn't against zoo policy I probably would have hurled some type of object at some of them screaming..."do something gosh dang you!" The following pictures were the highlights for me.

Cute and cuddly boys...cute and cuddly

Aaahhaaaa!!! Llama faaace!!!

It's a big kitty!!!!


Some people did not heed the warning on this sign, and I'm not going to lie, it entertained me to no end when people started to holler.

Gary just about measures up. He loved the monkeys and the apes most I think.



All in all it was a fun time. Should I ever plan on attending the zoo again, I'll wait until the fall. It was just too hot and I do not do well in the heat!

3 comments:

Alisha said...

Congrats on getting married (since I just found out!) I'm glad you found me on here, it's really fun to see what you are up to! So where do you live now?

Alisha said...

We are in Rexburg, School and work and such also! Funny how people around our age seem to have so much in common :)
I am expecting a baby in about 6 weeks, and starting my last semester in 2. We'll see how that goes! So where are you going to school at and what are you going into, and how much longer do you two have? (so many questions, it's just been so long!)

Darby said...

Hali looks ticked with that tiger on her head Greatest picture!!