November 19, 2008

Flowers and a New Job

I have been the queen of impending doom the past while. The reason for my misery has been my job. I took the job because it was an amazing opportunity and I would learn things I'd always wanted, and be involved in some really important things in the company. My boss was someone I had worked with prior, and recruited me for the job. I really enjoyed working for him and actually doing all the things I was hired to do. Then things took a downward spiral. They put me in charge of credentialing (I won't even try to explain), which I had experience in, but absolutely loathed doing. Slowing it took over my entire job, and eventually it sucked all the happiness out of my life. I tried to keep a positive attitude and just be grateful that I had a job in this economy. But really, it was so depressing. I was sick and miserable with it all. I wasn't actively searching for a new job, but then one fell into my lap! My good friend Brie is leaving for a mission in February, and her employer needs to replace her. And who better to replace her, than someone who already knows how to do the job, knows the system they work on, and knows the boss personally as well?? ME!! So I met with them right away, and right away they offered me a job where I KNOW I'll be much happier. It's like the weight of the world is off my shoulders. So today, I actually smiled and meant it. And then Gary came home from work with some flowers!! The note said he wanted to do something nice for me during such a crazy time. He's been really supportive during all this and I adore him! YAY FOR ME!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations!! Nothing sucks more than having to drag your butt to work at a job that you hate! Pretty flowers, those are always fun to get!

Liz said...

Yeah, yay for you! Now let's go see High School Musical 3 and celebrate all of this wonderfulness!!!

Krista said...

Oh how sweet. It's been a while since I've gotten flowers. Good luck on the new job!