January 11, 2009

It's Puzzling

Last Sunday Gary and I went to visit my family and my Granny Blanche for the evening. When we got to Grandma's she had been working on a 1000 peice puzzle of Winnie the Pooh that she got for Christmas. Gary and I love puzzles so we sat down for a few hours and went to work! My grandma was so happy because it was a VERY difficult puzzle and "her eyes aren't as good as ours." We only got about half way done before we had to drive home. Then last night, we drove up again for my brother's brithday and made a stop at Grandma's. She told us that she had only put in about 8 more peices the whole week, so again, Gary and I hunkered down to finish the puzzle.
My mom joined us as we neared the end.
Blanche was so dang excited when we finished it. We let her put in the last 2 peices...which took about 10 minutes.


And don't you be thinking that she isn't going to mod-podge this puzzle, custom frame it and give it to me and Gary to hang in our first child's bedroom. We love our grandma...silly as she is!As a side note, girls run in my family, so my grandma ADORES any man that is in her life, and Gary seems to be one of the best things to ever happen to her in a while. During the whole puzzle process, every time Gary would find where a peice went, my Grandma would praise him up and down, while my accomplishments went ignored. I finally had to demand that she notice my doings as well...which she did for a little bit until Gary found where another peice went!

4 comments:

MJ said...

Marci...I love your grandma she is so dang cute. I would love to see a whole themed room for your child centered purely around POOH!!!

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

That is HILARIOUS! That is way cute that you guys took the time to help her out.

FYI I added you guys to our private link, so you can keep in touch with us, YEAH! :) It was good to see you at Christmas.

MJ said...

Marci....I am pretty sure it is time for you to change my background on my blog...PLEASE. NO MORE XMAS...I may lose my mind

Charlton and Kimber said...

Your sweater is super cute. And I think I've left this comment before but I can't resist....RUBY RIVER!!!!