March 6, 2009

LIVID!!!

Back in August, I received a phone call from a lady who claimed she was with my Visa company or some such nonsense, and that I had won some sort of drawing and that I would get a 3 year subscription of any 4 magazines I wanted. So I said “okay, send the magazines…whatever.” Well, apparently they had my credit card number and were going to charge me for these magazines which I didn’t hear until the end of the call. Ew! After the call, I Googled the phone number. “SCAM!” “FRAUDULENT!” and “@$$ HATS!” were the results of my search. My next move was to call my bank, cancel my credit card and get a new one. I thought that would help, but unfortunately, the charge had already gone through for $80. I was able to have the money refunded back to me thank goodness for America First, and I put the International Magazine Company out of my head. Well, since then they have tried to contact me because they hadn’t been getting any payments for the magazines they never sent to me. Each time I talked to them, I explained that I would not pay them, that I knew they were fraudulent, and to leave me alone. AND THEN!!!!!!! Yesterday I got what I hope is the very last phone call. Some winner named Jeff called me, reprimanding me for not paying them, and that they were going to send me to collections for not paying. I yelled at him for a good 10 minutes for stealing my money, deceiving me and others, etc, etc. Then I said that I KNEW he couldn’t send me to collections because he only had my name. He didn’t have my SSN or birth date or anything else to go on. He insisted that he could send me to collections, that he was not stealing my money and that he was just trying to help me. Again, EW! I was so angry I was shaking and kept calling him a filthy liar which I don’t think hurt his feelings at all. I asked him what collection agency he was going to allegedly send me to, and he said “we don’t know yet.” So anyway, he got tired of my argument and said “okay, I’ll send you off to collections.” To which I said “Thank you for the magazines you never sent me.”

If anyone else wants to call these jerks and yell at them, feel free. 866-394-9149

3 comments:

Hali said...

I'm on it!!!! Filthy Liars, I will give them a thing or two that they can do with "collections".

Liz said...

i adore you. let's hang out sometime.

Darby said...

We hate these fake magazine people! Thanks for posting the phone number. I'm contemplating calling and reaming them for 10 minutes just for you!!