March 22, 2009

Thoughts and Shtuff

Yawn! I'm awake fairly early for a Sunday morning. I'll probably go back to bed after this blog, seeing as how our church doesn't start until 1pm. Gary and I had a great weekend! Things have been so stressful for both of us lately, so it was good to have the weekend for just the two of us. Friday night we drove up north and met Gary's momma for some delicious Mexican food at Garcia's, and then to my parents house for a little bonfire/s'mores night with some of my brothers friends. I mostly played with Dan's new baby lab puppies! So cute! So cuddly! Don't ask how I left without one in my purse. This one is my favorite! I named him Milton Snavely Hershey...after the founder of Hershey's chocolate! Of course, Milton will be sold in a few weeks and I'll never see his fat face again...sad.I guess Friday wasn't a "just us" night after all, but Satruday was. What better way to start a Saturday than by sleeping in until 10 in the morning?? We did lot's of overdue cleaning of our little apartment before heading out for the day. Both of us wore shorts which was AWESOME!! Too bad today is going to make me forget how warm Utah can get. Moving on, we drove up to Northern Salt Lake/Woods Cross to do a little house hunting. I have been SO nervous about buying a house and not as thrilled about the idea as Gary. We have looked at a few areas and I didn't like any of them at all. But yesterday was different. We looked at areas that I could actually see myself living and I finally got excited about it! We still don't have any for sure plans as far as buying a house, but at least I don't hate the idea anymore. This is the one we both really like a lot.
We did the rest of the usual weekend stuff...grocery shopping and other errands. We even went to IKEA for the first time. Will I be the first one to say that I wasn't extremely impressed? Granted there were a few things I liked, but mostly not. It's just not my style. Another thing we did was meet my brother and his wife for some yummy cheesecake where we discussed more of the housing idea. Luckily I had the cheesecake to distract me from this rather uninteresting discussion. After the matter, Gary let me spend lots of time roaming around Barnes and Noble...one of my favorite things to do! So, I'll keep everyone updated on what the heck we're going to do as far as a house goes...if it even goes there.

5 comments:

Amy said...

That puppy was so cute and that house looks gorgeous!

Rich'n'Rach said...

hahaha that leave it to you to think of the perfect name for that cute little mut! I love it! And I love that house, too! I'm w/ you on the whole IKEA thing...my favorite thing there were the cups and pans in the extra large bins downstairs!

Alisha said...

I liked Milton a lot, and I like that name. Too cute!
House shopping... that's awesome. I wish I had a house, or that we were even looking at houses....

Jamilyn and Clark said...

That house is awesome and big. We're house hunting too, but houses like that are way out of our league. Good for you guys. Is the market up north different than Salt Lake?

Marci and Gary said...

I have to add that the house really isn't as massive as it looks. believe me when i saw it in person, it's much smaller!