April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

I'm the last person to showcase my religion, I personally feel uncomfortable if I feel that I'm doing anything that may be perceived as forcing my beliefs on anyone else. But I had a really interesting discussion with a lady I work with, that didn't have anything to do with one religion or another, but anyone who is Christian. She is almost 60 years old, and was recently baptized as a Catholic. Since being baptized, she tells me that she is much more at peace with life, that she's easier to forgive, and that Jesus Christ is the light of her life. If anyone knows this lady, it would be hard to believe that she has such strong convictions about her religion. She's a total biker chick, has a Harley, spikey hair, tatoos all over the place, skinny as a rail and tan, tan, tan! She swears, smokes, and drinks like a sailor...on leave. But despite all this, she has such a big heart, loves people so much, and she has found a reason to better herself.
I have to say that while she was telling me about Lent and all the Easter happenings with her church, I was very impressed with how she spoke of her love for Christ. I was immediately humbled, because I don't think I show the same conviction to my own religion or to Christ. It reminded me that He is the reason I'm here. He is the foundation of the church I attend. It reminded me that it isn't enough to go to church or simply believe in it's teachings...I need to put those beliefs into action. What a better time than Easter? Happy Easter! I love you all!