November 11, 2010

Funny, Embarassing Story

As Gary leaves for work every morning, we have the same conversation....

Gary: K Babe, I'm leaving
Me: Okay, love ya
Gary: Love you too. Have a good day
Me: You too
Gary: DON'T BE MAD!!

This has happened every morning for months and months if not our entire marriage. He likes to tell me at random times "Don't be mad!!" Even if I'm happy as a clam, not even remotely upset with anything, he likes to say this to me and it cracks me up!

So, I was at the Maverick during my lunch break yesterday, picking up a delicious Diet Coke, and as I was paying for it, the lady behind the counter was asking about my day so far, and we exchanged pleasantries for a couple seconds. Then she handed me my change and we had the following conversation:

Clerk: Okay, here's your change
Me: Thanks, have a good day
Clerk: You too
Me: DON'T BE MAD!!

As I turned and walked away I realized what I had done, and I turned back to her to try and explain, or see if she even heard me, but she had moved on to the next customer in line, with a rather puzzled expression on her face.

Follow up: Today, I went back to the Maverick for yet again another Diet Coke, and who should ring me up but the same cashier as the day before. I wasn't sure if she would remember me or not so I didn't say anything about it, but as I was about to leave she said "You know, I really wasn't upset with you yesterday, I'm sorry if I acted like I was though." I about died laughing and explained the whole story to her and that I did it more as a reflex than anything. She was slightly amused but I'm pretty sure if I do anything like that again in her presence she'll call the cops to take me away to the nut hut! HAHAHA!!

1 comments:

Hali said...

I love embarrassing stories, especially when they are not mine....hahahha j/k Still loved the story well done!