October 24, 2011

Just the Two of Us - No More!

I have never been a fan of maternity pictures. I can understand why people would want them, but it's never been my style. All I have wanted was a nice picture of Gary and I when I'm about to pop, and that's it!

I am just 1 day shy of a full 40 weeks, but if this little girl doesn't come on her own then she'll be born on Halloween Day! That's just 1 week away! So no matter how the week goes, we'll be parents before we know it! Gary asks me everyday "when's the baby coming?" I feel like a mother already saying "I don't know, we just have to be patient." He's getting so anxious!

With it getting so close I realize that it's no longer going to be just the two of us anymore. We've had more than 3 years of being alone and doing whatever we have wanted to, and our world is about to be turned upside down! For the good that is. Luckily we have been able to do a lot of things and go a lot of places together that would have been really difficult to do with a child, so I think we can both agree that we had the time we needed to get our youthful wiggles out before being a little more grounded. Not to say that we're done with adventures by any means! We already have plans for the types of things we'll want to do and places we want to take Dori. We'll just be packing a diaper bag more often than our suitcases!

0 comments: