October 3, 2011

Welcome to the Nursery!

I am EXTREMELY picky about nursery sets and decorating. It takes a LOT for me to commit when it comes to decorating my house, so I'm actually always changing things up to make it the exact way I want. Once I found out I was having a girl, I immediately started searching for nursery ideas and themes because I knew it wouldn't be easy. I was having such a hard time that I considered just having my mom make it all for me so I could pick and choose everything....wow, what a nightmare from the get go! It would have cost just as much, if not more, and it was so stressful trying to even find the right fabric.

Luckily my sister in law found this bedroom set at Target while she was in town over the 4th of July, which is the same weekend it was all on sale!! The only problem was, it was for toddler bedding and even for a twin sized bed, not for cribs. However, my mom is a master seamstress and she was able to convert the quilt into a crib quilt, using the edges of the quilt as the crib bumper! Perfect! I couldn't be happier! Of course the best part is all the little woodland creatures!!
Isn't Hooty so cute in the crib? Which, by the way my mom and her sisters got me for my baby shower. They are so generous!
I have to mention the little picture below the shelf is just a paper plate. It was from my shower with my in-laws, and it was too cute not to make part of the room. It doesn't even look like a plate! Also, the lamp on the table was a birthday gift from my grandma when I was about 16 or so and never really knew what to do with it. It fits perfectly in here! The dresser is my old dresser from when I was really little, so this is just about the cheapest way to decorate a room!
The glider is a gift from my mother-in law which I sit in everyday, whether I'm working, doing school, or blogging. I love it! Pure comfort! Gary's aunt made the darling "D" pillow, and I made the ceiling decor out of tissue paper...again so cheap!
Other items to mention. The 2 owl money banks on the shelf are from my sister in law Marisa, the doll on the shelf is from my sister in law Hali, the little yellow cover on the dresser is from my sister Candice, it's a baby blanket with a little embroidered squirrel on it that used to be my nephews, and the little chipmunk on the dresser is from my sister and her girls. This room was definitely contributed to with lots of love! I'm excited to see her in here!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Everything is so cute! You have a decorator's touch.