October 4, 2011

Time to Think

I'm so glad that I've been able to adjust to spending time at home before baby Dori comes around. I love that I've been able to spend everyday cleaning my house as though she'll notice when she gets here, and I love having the luxury right now of having the time to remember to read my scriptures every day. I love that I have a few seconds to think that my room would look nicer if I made the bed, and then actually making the bed. I'm so glad that I have the chance to work at home for a while, and that I have more time to get more school done. I love the fact that if I feel exhausted I can lay on the couch for an hour and take a nap. I hear that all these luxuries are going to be leaving me once the baby comes, so I'm taking advantage of every spare second I have. Being at home this much really gives me time to think about a bunch of things....well...everything!


For starters I wonder how I'm going to balance work and school and my calling and my baby, AND keep my house clean? I wonder how I'm going to have the energy to do this all everyday? I wonder if I'll be able to feel like I'm doing a good job at the end of the day? Will my scriptures get read again? Am I really not going to have time to shower? Am I really ready for this? Well, ready or not, here she comes. According the schedule she's due in 3 weeks. That's no time at all!

I'm so excited and even though I'm not sure how I'll fit it all in, I'm actually rather calm about it all. I have wanted this baby for so long that I have to forget about some of these things. And I'm really lucky because I know that she already has an army of people waiting to love her! Most of all I'm really lucky that I have Gary who I already know is going to be a better parent than me...nobody has to even try to convince me otherwise! The talk given in General Conference this weekend about how men can be good father's to their daughters, I thought "Oh good this will be really helpful to Gary!" But as I listened to the talk, I thought again "Wait, this is already describing everything that Gary is!" They said the most important thing a man could do to be a good father is to love his wife, and Gary by far exceeds those standards. I'm one lucky duck for sure!

Anyway, I'm in the final stretch now...here we go!

2 comments:

Megan and Cory said...

I noticed today that you have a blog! I'm going to add you to my blog list, if that's ok. I cried when I read your post because I had those exact same fears and thoughts not too long ago. It's gets even worse right after she's born but don't worry, it gets a million times better. You'll adapt and you'll find time to get everything done and you'll be so happy about it. Now that I've adjusted I even have times where I'm very, very bored. Just remember the Lord loves you and He'll help you in any way necessary. He already gave you Gary. I'm so excited for you guys! It's the best thing in the world!

clairesmom05 said...

Just give yourself time to find your groove, don't plan anything to ambitious for at least a month, and lastly just plan on not showering til Gary gets home! ;)