October 17, 2011

Lucky Duck

I've been thinking a lot lately about how incredibly lucky I have been the past 9 months. Of course I have had a bunch of sickness and pains and pure exhaustion, but that's the worst of it. Baby cakes and I haven't had to deal with any major health concerns at all. Apart from one ER trip in my 4th month for what I thought was appendicitis (turned out to be severe round ligament pain...ouch!) it has really be smooth sailing. Gary has one co-worker whose baby was born a still-born in the 7th month, and another co-worker whose baby was 6 week's early and spent a lot of time in the NICU. Then I have a cousin whose baby was born more than a month early who is still in the NICU. Needless to say, I'll take the nausea, and I'll take the exhaustion if it means keeping my baby cooking full term.


Of course with all of these sad stories I hear, I can't help but wonder that baby Dori will be born perfectly healthy or not. It's hard to think that I could possibly have anything less that an all-around perfect baby, but I know anything could happen. I have been really calm in this type of thinking though, because I know that if my baby was born with any concerns, that Heavenly Father must think very highly of me in order to give me the extra challenge. And then on the other hand, I could have the most angelic, perfectly healthy little girl and it would still be a challenge. So either way I'm glad that the Lord is trusting me with this baby, no matter who she is.

I'm also beyond lucky, and ridiculously spoiled rotten that I have a week left until I reach 40 weeks, and I don't NEED anything else to prepare me for this baby. I have some very incredible people in my life who have made sure that this little stinker will be clothed, safe, entertained, comfortable, and diapered. I couldn't ask for a more perfect way to wait for her to come around!

1 comments:

Hali said...

We are ready for you baby Dori, come on down, you are the next family member in the Fifield/Weller family!