June 5, 2008

Dating a Squirrel

I'm sure that everyone has gotten one of those emails where they answer a series of questions to determine their Star Trek name, their super hero name, and their soap opera name. (If you haven't, you're not missing much.) Well I went through the email and come to find out my super hero name is White Squirrel. I love squirrels! And also, one of my favorite movies is Blades of Glory, which happens to feature a squirrel named Gary! Coincidence? I think not! So here I am, a squirrel, dating another squirrel, and I'm thinking, what could be more perfect? Now we can have little squirrel babies!!

Anyway, I kind of wanted to touch base on my and Gary's dating adventures. The first date was lots of fun, and as a result I couldn't sleep well because I was in such deep smit. Date number two was definitely and big fat warning sign that we were MFEO! (made for each other). It was over a heavenly slice of cheesecake at the Chili's restaurant that kind of sealed the deal. At least for me. Then it was either date number 4 that the "L" word was uttered....one week after date number 1. I said it first!! Ha ha! I only said it because I knew that he felt the same way…I've never been the first to say it before. And it just so happens that he loved me too! Still does as a matter of fact.

Well, during this time we had lots and lots of fun getting to know each other. We went to concerts, he taught me to golf, we traveled to St. George a couple times to visit family on both sides, bowled a bit (the weirdo has his own ball and shoes), went to LOTS of movies, went hiking, took bike rides, went to the gym together, watched American Idol religiously, followed the Jazz games very closely, spent lots of time with family (I love his family!) did homework and read together, made some pretty cool dinners (well….he mostly did those). We figured out what makes the other laugh which I think has resulted in us being a pretty random and wacky couple. I could list a lot of things Gary has done to make me laugh, but I won't embarrass him like that.

And EXACTLY three months from our first date, he took me on one very special date where he proposed! That's a story all on it's own! I'll save it for next time.

Marci

0 comments: