June 15, 2011

Ode To Gary

I'm not always a huge fan of posts dedicated to the greatness of a spouse, mostly because it can get really mushy and sometimes inappropriate, but I have to give credit where credit is due, and right now it is due to Gary. With Father's Day coming up, we actually get to recognize that Gary is going to be a father to someone other than one of our pets. (see picture) Since I have been pregnant, I have seen a side to Gary that I didn't know was there. It's not that he was ever a bad husband at all, he has always made me feel like I was the most important thing in world to him. But now, that has magnified 100 times. I haven't kept it a secret from anyone that asks that pregnancy is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. It's emotionally and physically draining, and it's become normal for me to have regular meltdowns. I have needed Gary's support now more than ever, and the best part is, I have never once had to ask him. He just does it. He never quesitons me when I say I need to ignore the dishes and go to bed. He doesn't question me when I ask him to change the laundry over because it hurts to bend down already. He never makes me feel like I'm crazy when I start crying over silly little things, and he goes above and beyond to make sure I'm comfortable, well fed, and hydrated.

Gary, without a doubt, will be one of the best dad's I will ever see. Especially to a little girl. My neices ADORE him, and so do a bunch of little girls in our ward. When it was Gary's birthday, my neice's made him homemade birthday cards and colored pictures for him...my birthday was a couple weeks earlier and none of them did that for me! At church, little girls want to sit by him because they know he'll color Strawberry Shortcake pictures with them, and they think he is the best colorer ever! We went to our neighbors house for dinner one night and Gary got up with them to sing and dance to Justin Beiber for about an hour.
This is a glimpse of our future, just replace Stewie with an actual baby. I'm so glad I have him on my team and that I don't have to do anything alone!

1 comments:

Hali said...

What a good daddy he will be, yeah for Gary and the mushy post, I love it!