May 18, 2011

17 Weeks

I know that pregnancy isn't the same for everyone, and it's not the same for one person each time. I didn't really know what to expect when I first got pregnant, if I would love it, if I would be sick all the time, if I would have crazy amounts of energy, if I would want to sleep every hour....I just didn't know. And I still don't know sometimes! Yes, I am sick. The second trimester didn't rid me of my sickness, and to be honest I feel more tired than in the first trimester. I know I have months to go and I could very well wake up one day ready to do cartwheels down the street, but for now, I'm just tired.


Despite how hard it is to be pregnant, to be sick, to have aches and pains I have never had before, and to be so tired I could fall asleep at any given moment, I do love being pregnant. Deep down I'm happy and I love feeling the little squirms going on in my tummy. I love hearing the heartbeat, and I loved seeing "it" move around in the ultra sound I had a few weeks ago.



I hate the phrase "I can't, I'm pregnant," because I know my life must go on, and things still need to be done. What I hate even more is sometimes having to say "I can't, I'm too sick and too tired." I know that being pregnant isn't the hardest thing in the world, and people have had to endure much harder things than what I am currently dealing with, but it doesn't change the fact that I still have a limit as to what I can physically and emotionally handle.


To wrap this up, my bottom line is, this is really, really hard, but I wouldn't have it any other way! And that is my 17 week post, picture included!

3 comments:

Hali said...

Carlos, you be nice to your mommy!!! Marci, you can do this!

MJ said...

I love that your honest about it...don't think that saying you hate pregnancy means you hate carlos. Because it doesn't...it just means you hate pregnancy I love the squirms and the blessings at the end, but the rest sucks!! Your doing great and I love our long talks..I can't wait to plan baby carlos' baby shower. Mexican themed I think!! Bring on the pinata...and Margaritas

Jessica said...

Marci, you look so good for being 17 weeks! You don't even look pregnant. I can't wait to meet your little peanut. I was sick my entire pregnancy- yup, every single day for 8 months! But Kade made it worth it. After he was born, I didn't remember the pain or the sickness. Hang in there, mama!

Also, you should follow me :)