May 20, 2011

Orlando Day 2

This first picture says a lot about our day at Islands of Adventure. This is Gary saying "I'm sorry you're sick and tired. Will you stay in this air conditioned cafe while all of us go and ride crazy rollercoasters??"I have to admit it wasn't the best day of the trip for me because there were a lot of more intense rides and rollercoasters. It's okay though because it was so hot and I wasn't feeling the best. Here they are getting ready to ride the HULK!Of course my day wasn't bad at all, there was a lot to see! We played around in Suess Landing for while which was beyond low-key!

The Cat in the Hat Ride. Not the lamest ride in Suess Landing, but pretty boring. I loved it though!

The Lorax! Definitely my favorite Suess story of all time!Welcome to Hogwarts! I was for sure looking forward to this more than any other part of Universal. When I heard they were putting in an area for Harry Potter years and years ago, I never thought that I would actually be able to visit it one day! I kept calling my sister Stacey because I knew how much she would love it! I had to buy her a chocolate frog from Honeydukes.



May I also say that butterbeer is simply delicious? You read about how great it is in the book, but you can't really imagine how good it is until you taste it! Yummy!

Here we are eating at the Three Broomsticks for lunch. I was obviously avoiding the camera because I was beyond hungry at this point and it's hard to smile when I'm hungry.

Platform 9 and 3/4. The conducter told me how lovely I was when I asked him to take a picture with me!Gary was really looking forward to Jurassic Park, but unfortunately, the ride was closed. Too bad!

All the Marvel characters were walking around. I got this picture of Cyclops lazering my baby!It was a long, hot day. Of course, so was every other day. This picture of Gary pretty much summarizes how all of us felt by the end of each day. Yawn!






3 comments:

Jessica said...

so jealous! This looks like so much fun, Marci. Keep yourself cool down there.

clairesmom05 said...

How fun! Enjoy the warm weather while you can! :)

Cami Bringhurst said...

I am SO VERY Jealous of the Harry Potter World part. I want to go there so bad! I am glad to know that they made the butterbeer good too!