May 19, 2011

Orlando Day 1

When I say Day 1, I mean the first day of adventure that didn't include an airport. Before I really get into the theme parks though I have to make mention to this family from Brazil that Gary was close with on his mission. They live in Florida now and they were so excited to see him that they got a hotel for a couple nights to hang out with us in Orlando! We had dinner the night we got there and then we all met up at the Animal Kingdom later for a few hours. Such nice, cute girls! Standing next to me is Isabella, then Isadora, and Antonia. You can't tell that Antiona is their mother because she looks so young! It was great to meet them and spend time with them, and it meant a lot to Gary.

Here is the massive tree that sits in the middle of the park. It's were the Bug's Life 3D theater is, and there are all types of animals carved into the fake wood.On our way in to see Bug's Life 3D. My favorite part of the day! Gary making gorilla faces!Silly hats in China. I'm not sure why they did a China section in the park, it's not like they had any panda bears for me!We went on a safari ride and saw all types of African animals! It was so fun! I'm just sad that I didn't get to see any lions or tigers. I love big kitties!Pluto petting me and Carlos.Rick and Gary jamming out to some street performers. Gary is such a good little dancer!After spending most of the day in the Animal Kingdom, we went over to Disney Hollywood so everyone could ride the Tower of Terror. I was the only one that couldn't go on the ride due to pregnancy, so I sat in the shade and ate ice cream and watched the squirrels running amok!It sure was a good first day. I think Animal Kingdom was my favorite part of the trip because I loved seeing all the animals!


And may I just add here that the weather was BLAZING hot the whole time! I guzzled so much water, got in the shade whenever possible, and stepped in any air conditioned gift shop when we had the chance. Whew!

0 comments: