August 23, 2011

10 Years

This last weekend was my 10-year high school reunion, and I didn't go. Why, you ask? Well there are a lot of reasons why I chose to skip it. While it would have been so good to see some of my really good friends from back then, I couldn't bring myself to go! Some of the worst things in my life happened during high school...not AT high school or with the people I went to school with, but I somehow associate it all in one group. There must be chapters of this sort of thing written in psychological textbooks that could maybe explain my thinking, but mostly I just wasn't ready to go back and face it all. Maybe I need another 10 years until I'm ready??

I do have some really great memories of high school though, don't get me wrong! And I had some amazing friends! The football games and late night Wendy's runs, the movie nights, the one on one deep conversations in parking lots, the severe crushes I had (that all ended up breaking my heart), learning to drive a stick shift, "fake" making out at stop lights, skipping classes to go hiking, passing notes....I really did have some good times here and there!! But I would never go back and do it again!

2 comments:

Cami Bringhurst said...

I totally ditched too! I am glad that I am not the only one. I thought it was too early. I think I would be more willing to go to later ones. I need a little more time.

KMK said...

I'm noticing a lot of people didn't go. I would've liked more of a heads up. But I don't think I was ready to face everyone either - blog stock, yes. BTW: I hope your not getting as sick anymore. Things get better - but it seems like you never really get a good night's sleep again. :)