August 2, 2011

Letter To My Baby

I'm just so excited...this was the only thing I could think of to do to contain my excitement for her!

Dear Baby Girl Dori,

We are so excited to meet you and to have you in our lives! I already love and adore you and know you'll be the sweetest little creature I'll ever encounter. I can't wait to give you big hugs and kisses and tell you over and over again how much I love you! You're daddy is going to be so in love with you, and I know you'll melt his heart the second he lays eyes on you. There are so many people who are excited to see you, and so many people who can't wait to love you. You'll never go one single day without feeling like the most precious human being on the planet.

I remember the day I found out I was pregnant with you. Before I took the pregnancy test, I decided to pray. For many months before I would be disappointed when I discovered yet again that I wasn't pregnant. This time, I felt like I needed to pray. I was driving home from work when I started, telling Heavenly Father that I would accept the outcome of the pregnancy test, that I would live my life as positively as I could, and that I wouldn't get discouraged if it was negative again. I went on to tell Him that I wanted to be a mother so badly, that I promised to take care of a little life if He ever chose to send me one. Who knew that the answer to my prayer was 5 minutes away!

I had planned so many different, creative ways that I could tell your daddy that you were coming, and I completely forgot all of them when I saw the 2nd pink line! I cried instantly and could barely believe what I was seeing! I was so excited that I couldn't contain it and I wanted the entire world to know!!! Your daddy was about to walk into one of his night classes when I called him to tell him the news. I was still crying and not in my right mind when I was telling him "we're having a baby!" I'm pretty sure he was in shock and didn't learn much in class that night....or many nights after that. He still got good grades at the end of the semester though. You must have been his good luck charm from the beginning!

One of the first things I'll tell you when you arrive is that you weren't very nice to me during pregnancy, but that you have a lifetime to make it up to me! I hope you'll be able to catch on to our sense of humor right away and that we can make each other laugh. I can't wait to hear your first little giggles and see your smiles every day. I hope your ready for one energetic dad that will twirl you all around, tickle you a lot, and wrestle you down just to hear you laugh! He loves to snuggle a lot too so you'll love it when you're tired and all you want to do is cuddle up to dad. You two are really going to be the best of friends, I'm already certain.

We've never been parents before, so I hope you'll be patient with us. It might get a little frustrating for all of us in the beginning when we try to figure each other out, but our intentions are good. We just want you to be a happy little baby! We'll do anything we can to keep you safe and healthy, and very loved. Try to remember that when I start crying because I'm so tired! And also remember that if you ever want any siblings, that you have to try your best to be good for us too!

We're doing all we can to get ready for you to come in 3 months, so we're very busy right now preparing for you! You're always on our mind however, and we're so excited for the day that we meet!


Love Mom

4 comments:

Christine said...

I'm not going to lie, this post made me cry. I am so happy for you guys and I think Dori is very lucky that she will have such fun parents!

Tracy said...

That's probably the sweetest thing I've ever read. I'm so excited for you guys!

Hali said...

YEAH!! Babies are the best, especially when it is my niece, love her and you. Keep going, she will be so worth it in the end!

Sharcy and Jeremiah said...

I love this. You will be so glad you wrote this stuff all down!! I wish I had thought of something like this. The end is near and in sight :)