August 17, 2011

Priorities

I have reached the home stretch! 10 more weeks! (allegedly) I'm so excited I can barely stand myself!! Sometimes I walk into baby Dori's room and look in her closet at all the pink get-ups and can't wait to see her in them. We're pretty much prepared for the most part. I don't feel too concerned that we don't (or won't) have what we need for her. Right now things are calm when I think about her coming and I don't have a lot of anxiety...yet!

That being said, there sure is a lot of other things to think about right now. I'm swamped. Overwhelmed. Stressed. Exhausted. I can only imagine that the laundry list of things I have to do and take care of are only in preparation for what motherhood will be like. Trying to balance all of this now will seem like a cake walk once she comes. Then what?? Of course I won't be working full time anymore so that's one less thing to think about. And I'm giving myself a full 8 weeks, if I want them, to focus soley on the baby and nothing else.

With working 2 different jobs right now, a church calling, summer activities, school courses, preparing for a baby, family time, friends, etc... I'm spent for my time. I have had to calm myself down at the end of every day and say to myself "it's okay that I couldn't do it all today." There is nothing more I can do than to just keep going and hope it all fits in the next day. I have to tell myself that some is better than none, and the fact that I'm not giving up on any of it is sometimes good enough. What a challenge! I'm really lucky I have people who understand and are patient with me. I'm beyond lucky that Gary has been willing to make dinner the past few days.

Despite the chaos that is my life, I'm so happy and so excited!

1 comments:

Candace said...

I love this post! I am so excited for you, and I feel exactly the same way you explained every day! I cant imagine adding a baby to the mix, but how exciting! You are totally right in having to tell yourself it's ok to just keep trying and doing what you can each day, I have to do the same thing! I'm way happy for you though, you are going to be the most fun mom ever!