August 1, 2011

My Aunt Tami

Sometimes the light is so brightly shining in our face that we can't see the path ahead of us, but I guess that's why we have faith... to keep moving forward even though we don't know what's ahead. Eventually the path will veer off to the left or right just enough that the sunshine isn't directly in our eyes, and we can see everything so clearly. I was reminded of this on my drive to work this morning. It was raining like mad and so dark and dismal. I was on I-215, right where it stops going south and curves directly the the east. All of a sudden the sun made its way through the clouds and I was blinded by the light, and the shiny, wet pavement. I couldn't see anything ahead of me. Luckily I had driven this road so many times before and I wasn't scared. In fact it was the most beautiful view I had seen in a very long time. Maybe ever. I knew it was a sign of comfort from heaven, after a very tough weekend for my family.

My aunt Tami. How do I even describe this lady? I think back to when I was really little and just starting to have the capacity to hold on to a memory. Every Sunday my family and my cousins would all go to my grandma Bingham's house to visit, and all of us younger cousins would completely stop anything we were doing when aunt Tami pulled into the driveway. We adored her! She was so fun, so energetic, always had big hugs and kisses for us, always made us laugh...and we all wanted her attention!!! Nothing changed growing up. We still love when Tami comes around because she is literally the life of the party! There is always bound to be explosions of laughter when she is around, and I may recall a couple times that Granny didn't make it to the bathroom on time! Tami is just non-stop, energizer bunny on speed, happiest, funniest, all around time-of-your-life aunt. How could this happen to her??

Her doctors found a tumor which they removed on Saturday, but the surgeon told the family that it had been there for a long time. He couldn't say 100% that it was cancer, but with as much as he has seen in his career, he might as well have said he was 100% positive. What news to get about one of your favorite people. We don't know what is going to happen, and we don't get results back for another day or two. We don't know what course she will have to take with treatments, surgeries, etc, and we don't know what kind of rough road God will be taking her on. But, how great is it that when my mom called to tell me, that there were so many of our family members at the hospital. They all couldn't see her, but they were there with each other. I have such a great family.

Lots of prayers are going out for aunt Tami. If you have ever met her, heard me talk about her, or if you would ever pray for me over anything, please say a prayer for her and her 3 girls, and her husband. We all want to stay positive and keep our faith strong.

3 comments:

Hali said...

I am so sorry Marci, let me know when you hear. She IS such a wonderful women and I know how much she means to you. You and her family are in my prayers and I will be thinking of you!
Love you!

Heidi said...

I am so sorry. I will be praying for you and your family.

Jessica said...

Sometimes, we don't understand God's plan.. All we can do is pray and show her all the love and support that she has.