October 23, 2008

DC: The Saga. Day Four

Are we done yet? NO! It's only Tuesday! Let's start off at the White House! We tried to get tickets for a tour but never heard back from George W. Here's as close as we got.


That was fun. We spent the rest of the day touring the Mall once again. This time we were able to get tickets to go to the top of the Washington Monument, and I got an awesome picture. The capitol building sits right at the top.

We also went to the National Archives Museum and saw the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights. We couldn't take any pictures because they didn't allow flash photography inside. But after standing in such a long line, we stopped by the gift shop where they had all types of patriot trinkets. And among all the scrolls of imitation Declarations of Independence, my mother in law spotted what is now my favorite souvenier of the trip. A stuffed squirrel!! Introducing Douglas!

Isn't he cute! Gary won't let me have babies and our landlord won't let us have any live pets so Douglas now serves as both. Pathetic but true. At least I'm happy about it though.

I guess I didn't take a lot of pictures of day 4. We went to the old post office with a bell tower but I've got nothing on that. Just a quick story though. We took a tour of the bell tower, introduced to us by the lamest, dryest, most lifeless human being alive. The man that explained to us the history of the bell tower and gave us instructions to our self guided tour, was about as excited as a loaf of white bread. We all had a good laugh at him. I believe our last stop was the Natural History Museum. I really liked this place, so I'm surprised I don't have any pictures of much of it. I saw the neatest jewels and stones, including the Hope Diamond...which Gary promised he'd steal for me one day.


There were displays for everything. Dinosaurs, mammals, dirt, flowers, butterflies, Egyptians, cave men, etc. etc. I think they even had a display of a large dead squid which I thought was unnessessary. Once again, another wonderful day!

2 comments:

Charlton and Kimber said...

I love it all, but mostly I lurve Douglas! So cute!

Hali said...

Matt Hornberger was our tour guides name, never forget that name Marci, I think I might go back and marry him! aahhh