October 20, 2008

DC: The Saga. Day Two

We slept in a little on the second day due to the havoc of day one. Each morning we started out with a free continental breakfast, courtesy of Washington Suites Hotel. I'm not ever too impressed with what a hotel serves but I actually quite enjoyed what they had! Anyway, off to the Mall! My father in law, DeeEll, decoded the route we needed to take on the Metro to get there, and after a lot of shaking and motion sickness on my part, we made it! First stop, the Air and Space Museum. No exclaimation marks on this, I didn't enjoy it all that much to be honest...I didn't find it that interesting. Also I hopped on a scale that claculated what my weight would be on the moon and I didn't care for the results.

Moving on! I really started to enjoy myself after we left and got to see more things! Enter photographs!

World War II Memorial

Vietnam Memorial: My brother in law Marc found his grandpa's name on the wall. He was the first Utahn to die in the war.


Korean War Memorial:

Gary told me to pose as though holding a gun... but seeing as how I have never held a lethal weapon, this was the result. Also I'm not sure how many of these guys were smiling.


Lincoln Memorial: Here are my cute mother and father in law on the front steps.

I liked the fact that everyone was quiet and respectful inside the memorial.

Last but not least, the Washington Monument from the view of the Lincoln Memorial. Picture perfect!!

One more thing. As many people know, I love all types rodents large and small. Especially squirrels. I don't know why but I feel as though squirrels and I connect on a deep and personal level...or something. Anyway, there was the cutest little jerk of a squirrel sitting nonchalantly on a park bench, and my instincts told me to feed him. So I pulled out a 3 Musketeers and before I had it half way out of my purse, he hops of the bench and runs toward me, haults his little paws in front of me and poses in the begging position! Ah! Too cute! So bit by bit he snatched the chocolate death from my hands. I couldn't even deal with it I was having so much fun with him!! Too bad I probably killed him...

0 comments: