September 1, 2008

The Fairy Forrest

Gary and I went camping with his family over the weekend up near Mirror Lake. We got there Friday night and only had enough time to put up the tent and sit around the campfire for a while before going to bed. Saturday, the whole family made a little trip down the campgrounds, across a dried up river, and through the trees until we reach The Fairy Forrest! I had heard about it, but it's something you have to see for yourself. Unfortunately I don't have very great pictures of the fairy forrest so you'll just have to close your eyes and imagine it. It's almost like a pumpkin patch walk, but instead of pumkins there are painted rocks. People have filled this area of the forrest with pictures painted on hundreds of rocks of fairies, angels, butterflies, animals...anything! It was so fun to see and Gary's mom had brought paints along that we could all paint rocks and make our own area to add to the forrest. Gary spent about 3 hours longer in the fairy forrest, digging out rocks and creating a place just for our family to put our painted rocks. His aunt Helen made a little football field with blue rocks on one side, and red on the other. (Guess which teams?) Of course there were more red ones and they were bigger than the blue. Here's a picture of what I did!!

From left to right. First is a meadow and mountain scenery that I butchered. It's not that great so pay no attention. The next is a little montage of Rick since he wasn't there! I painted the Flat Family with a quote saying "I like pizza" per Hali's suggestions. Next is an M&M! One of my favorite treats! The next is just a couple random flowers with me and Gary's name on it. The only two I'm really proud of is the M&M and the one of the flat family. Here is a better look at it.

Gary worked really hard on his rock. I felt so bad that I didn't get a picture of the completed product! It's an Indian with a feather on his head. It looked so great when it was done. Here he is in full concentration.

He basically didn't even know anyone exsisted while he was painting. I had to make him a sandwich for lunch, that he woulnd't even touch so I had to hand feed it to him and I don't even think he knew what was happening! We had lots of fun though and I'm excited to go back next year and do it again!

1 comments:

Darby said...

I heart rocks. Especially these ones! Good work on that paint and keeping yourself busy!