September 28, 2008

The joy of Bedknobs and Broomsticks

j

Hey folks this is Gary's debut of blogging. Enjoy!!

Well as you can see from the picture above I will be speaking of the joys that Bedknobs and Broomsticks, a movie which brings happiness to all who grew up with it. Marci and I saw this movie for sale at the grocery store and even though we are strapped for cash, we decided we had to buy it anyway. However, to our demise we arrived home without the classic film in hand. Marci and I would not stand for us to lose such a wonderful film, needless to say I returned to the store and gave the cashier an ear full and they gave us our movie. The embarrassed cashier even admitted to loving the movie. "Get your own you crazy lady!" (I thought to myself as I left the store). I have watched this movie at least a good 132 times during my lifetime, and I hope to make it an even 500 before my life is through. My wife and I look forward to many years of watching this movie with kids and grandkids yet to come. For those of you who have never seen this movie or may not have seen it in many years, this Disney adventure is filled with many classic moments. We have the random dancing on Portebello road, fish dressed in suits, wild animals playing soccer and yes even an army of magical knights fighting the Nazis. I mean what else could you ask for in a movie?? I wonder if Disney will ever learn that making sequels a third and even a fourth time don't work, but you put 5 Brits on a magical bed and you have a classic. Well all I have to say is "can't you read readin, no peopling allowed".

0 comments: