September 18, 2008

Milk = Death

Umm...I hate milk. It's caused me nothing but turmoil for the past serveral days. I have always had a sneaking suspicion that I was lactose intolerant, and now...it's crystal freakin' clear! My friend Keri got me started on some breakfast shakes and I have been drinking them everyday for the past couple of weeks. Each shake consists of 8 oz. of milk. Now and then I'll even drink them for lunch for 2 reasons. First, it's quick and something I can do on the go if work is particularly busy, and second, it curbs my craving for sugar, which is a rather intense craving. I'm not much a milk drinker to begin with, so the amount of milk I have been drinking in the past two or three weeks, is about equivilent to what I drink in a six month period. So slowly and gradually I have come into a most intense stomach pain, the likes of which I have never known!! I talked a doctor at work today and he suggested either Lactaid or Soy Milk. I have heard that Soy Milk is actually quite delicious so I'll give it a go.

1 comments:

Krista said...

Just a suggestion... if you do soy milk get the vanilla flavored kind. The plain is nasty!!! I went off dairy for a while when I was nursing Jaxon and I drank vanilla soy milk for a bit. It's not too bad if you can't have the real think.