September 13, 2008

Granny Blanche

Yesterday was a pretty bad day for so many reasons. While I had the potential to cry 73 tears, I only cried 3 because I didn't want to make a spectacle of myself. Part of my raging emotions came from the funeral I went to for my great uncle. I wansn't terribly close to him, but I went to support my Grandma Blanche This week marked the 20th anniversary of my Grandpa Arnold's death. She has been a little sad about it and kind of lonely so I really wanted to see her. Being at the funeral made me think of what kind of a blubbering mess I'm going to be when it's her time to go. She's my only living grandparent right now and I can't imagine life without the crazy lady around. Anyone who has met her knows how much of a crack up she is and how bull headed she can get. Whenever I go to dinner with my family for my birthday, if I want Granny to join us I have to go to Golden Corral for her sake. So instead of getting the delicious cheesecake for dessert at Chilis, I get some weird frozen yogurt with candy corn toppings. Small price to pay I suppose. Here she is in all her glory and I love her to peices!

1 comments:

Charlton and Kimber said...

Ruby River!!!!
I love your blog Marci. It makes me laugh like this, ha...ha...